After a car accident remember these tips:
- Remain calm and non-confrontational.
- Call the police and ask that the officer files a police report. If an officer is not able to respond, go to a police station and file an accident report within 72 hours of the incident.
- Obtain the vehicle driver’s insurance information, address, phone number and license plate number.
- Request the name, phone number and address of every witness.
- Take care of yourself—make sure you seek any necessary medical treatment.
- Take photographs of the accident scene, your injuries, and all other involved vehicles.
- Do not give a statement to the vehicle driver’s insurance without first consulting us.
- Do not rush into any settlement until you know the full extent of your injuries and rights—contact us for a complimentary consultation.