Construction site injuries are often severe. Hiring a legal advocate is often a necessity to ensure all benefits are obtained and all insurance avenues are pursued.
Lehmbecker Law has gained vast experience in construction accident law since we opened our doors in 1986. We serve the entire state of Washington, with physical offices in Bellevue and Federal Way.
- Our attorneys only focus in two areas of law: Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury. This gives us in-depth knowledge in these two areas.
- There are no up-front fees to meet or hire us to work on your case. Our fees are earned on a contingent basis—we earn a percentage of benefits/settlements won.
Veere Who Is Liable for Construction Accidents?
Liability refers to someone’s legal and financial responsibility for an accident. In Washington, you cannot sue your employer for negligence. However, you can pursue a claim against a negligent party when they are not your employer or coworker.
- http://clublaptop.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/wp-engine-module/wp-engine.php Construction company. Are you a subcontractor or temporary/contract worker working at a construction site managed by a general contractor? If so, you may be eligible for benefits above and beyond those offered through the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.
- Property owner. If your accident occurred on defective or dangerous property owned by someone other than your employer/company, you might be able to make a claim against a property owner.
- Product manufacturer. Many construction site accidents involve product or machinery defects. In these injury cases, the manufacturer of the product may face legal responsibility for damages.
Workers’ Compensation claim benefits are limited by law. They generally do not pay benefits for future medical bills or loss of earnings. And they do not include any compensation for pain and suffering, inconvenience, or loss of quality of life.
Under a private insurance claim, you can recover all of these items. The compensation is often many times more than a workers’ compensation claim. At Lehmbecker Law we are known for our success at finding and accessing all insurance policies available to our clients.
What Benefits are Available Through Washington State L&I?
- Lost wages;
- Medical treatment including, diagnostic imaging and surgeries;
- Vocational benefits; two-years of retraining or lump sum settlement;
- Lump sum disability awards;
- Lifetime pension awards;
Always seek the advice of from a law firm that is experienced in BOTH Workers’ Compensation and personal insurance claims when you’ve experienced a construction site accident. Call or text 425-455-3186 to schedule your complementary in-person or remote appointment.