Seattle Truck Accident Lawyer
Washington Truck Accident Attorney Providing Legal Representation to Injured Victims in Seattle
Lehmbecker Law Firm is committed to providing excellent legal services throughout the greater Seattle area. Our respected team of attorneys has experience in truck accident cases, including those involving semi-trucks, big rigs, and 18-wheelers. We understand the devastating impact that truck accidents can have on individuals and their families, which is why we are dedicated to helping our clients recover the costs associated with their injuries, including loss of wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. If you've been injured in a truck accident, contact an experienced truck accident lawyer to discuss your case.
Seattle Truck Accidents Statistics
Truck accidents continue to be a major issue in Seattle, with the latest statistics from 2021 and 2022 showing an alarming trend. In 2021, there were 1,329 truck accidents in Seattle, with 190 of those accidents resulting in serious injuries and 13 resulting in fatalities. And the trend shows no sign of slowing down in 2022, with already over 500 truck accidents reported in the first two months of the year. These accidents can result in devastating consequences for victims, including catastrophic injuries and death. The size and weight of large trucks make them particularly dangerous, and factors such as truck drivers' fatigue, distracted driving, and improper maintenance can all contribute to accidents.
Are Trucking Accidents Truly That Much More Deadly Than Car Accidents?
Fatal truck accidents are unfortunately common on the roads today, and it's not hard to see why. Semi-trucks, big rigs, 18-wheelers, and tractor-trailers are all massive commercial vehicles that can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when loaded with cargo. This makes them significantly heavier than most passenger vehicles, which can lead to devastating consequences when they're involved in an accident. Truck drivers have a responsibility to operate their vehicles safely and follow traffic laws, but unfortunately, factors such as fatigue, distracted driving, and improper maintenance can all contribute to truck accidents.
What Are Common Types of Truck Accidents in WA?
Trucking accidents can take many forms, but some common types of accidents that occur in Washington state include:
- Single Vehicle/Rollover Collisions – These types of incidents involve only one commercial vehicle which rolls over or loses control for some reason; often due to driving too fast for road conditions or mechanical failure inside the cab itself.
- Head-On Collisions – When two large trucks collide head-on it can be especially dangerous due to collisions resulting from improper lane changes or fatigued drivers falling asleep at the wheel.
- Rear End Collisions – Often caused by distracted drivers failing to leave enough stopping distance between their vehicle and any large commercial vehicles ahead of them on the road.
- T-Bone/Side Impact Crashes – Generally occur when one driver fails to yield at a junction while another driver proceeds through without looking properly first; resulting in two vehicles colliding at right angles against each other’s sides.
These accidents can involve different types of trucks and fleet vehicles such as box trucks, delivery trucks, dump trucks, and tractor-trailers.
Find a Seattle Truck Accident Attorney to Fight for Your Case
Lehmbecker Law Firm has experience representing clients who have been injured due to large truck accidents throughout Washington State - so hire a semi-truck accident lawyer near Seattle who will recover compensation and ensure your rights are protected every step of the way!
What Are the Most Common Causes of Trucking Wrecks?
Truck accidents occur for many reasons, and the most frequent causes include driver fatigue, distraction, or intoxication. Poorly maintained vehicles, overloaded trailers, and extreme weather conditions are also leading causes of trucking accidents and wrecks. Other factors that can contribute to crashes include speeding and failure to obey Washington traffic laws. Some of the most common causes of truck crashes are:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers are often required to work long hours, which can lead to fatigue and increased risk of accidents.
- Driver distraction: Like all drivers, truck drivers can become distracted by their phones, GPS devices, or other factors, which can lead to accidents.
- Driver intoxication: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a serious problem among all drivers.
- Poorly maintained vehicles: Regular maintenance and inspections are critical for ensuring that trucks are safe to operate. Failure to properly maintain a truck can lead to equipment failures or other issues that increase the risk of accidents.
- Extreme weather conditions: Snow, ice, rain, and other weather conditions can make driving difficult and increase the risk of accidents.
- Speeding: Excessive speed is a leading cause of truck accidents, as it reduces a driver's ability to react to changing conditions on the road.
- Unsafe cargo loading: Improperly loaded or secured cargo can shift during transport, leading to instability and increased risk of accidents.
- Trucking company negligence: Trucking companies have a responsibility to ensure that their drivers and vehicles are safe and comply with all regulations. Failure to do so can lead to accidents.
- Failure to obey Washington state law: Drivers and trucking companies must follow all state and federal laws and regulations related to commercial trucking. Failure to do so can lead to accidents and liability.
Cross-Border Truck Accidents in Washington State
Washington is uniquely situated on the Canadian border, making it a frequent destination for trucks that cross the border. Unfortunately, this also means that cross-border truck accidents are a real risk for residents of Washington. If you are involved in an accident with a Canadian truck, you will not only have to contend with the trucking company's insurance company or agency but also with Canadian regulations and legal requirements. Some key differences in trucking regulations between the United States and Canada that may impact cross-border truck accidents include:
- Weight and size restrictions: The United States and Canada have different weight and size restrictions for commercial trucks. This can impact the severity of accidents involving cross-border trucks.
- Driver training requirements: The requirements for obtaining a commercial driver's license in the United States and Canada differ, which can impact the qualifications and training of truck drivers.
- Insurance requirements: The insurance requirements for commercial trucks differ between the United States and Canada, which can impact the amount of compensation available to accident victims.
- Liability laws: Liability laws differ between the United States and Canada, which can impact who is held responsible for a truck accident and the compensation available to accident victims.
Navigating the complexities of cross-border trucking accidents can be overwhelming, but at Lehmbecker Law Firm, our every Washington truck accident attorney has the knowledge and resources to help.
What Types of Injuries Are Common in Truck Crashes?
Truck accident injuries vary widely depending on a variety of factors such as speed, location, and type of vehicle involved, among other things – however, some types of injuries are more commonly seen than others. Victims may suffer broken bones, whiplash, or head trauma from being hit by a tractor-trailer traveling at high speed. Other potential injuries might include burns from hazardous materials or crushed limbs when trapped inside the cab after an accident. Here are some common types of serious injury associated with truck crashes:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Burn injuries;
- Internal injuries.
Who Can Be Held Liable After a Truck Accident in Seattle?
Truck accidents can have devastating consequences for victims and their families. Determining liability can be a complex process, but in Seattle, there are several parties who may be held accountable for a truck accident.
Negligent truck drivers, in particular, can be a major factor in truck accidents, and they may be held liable if they violated traffic laws or engaged in other forms of driver negligence. In addition to truck drivers, the following parties may also be held liable for a truck accident:
- Trucking companies: If a trucking company fails to properly maintain their vehicles, hire qualified truck drivers, or follow safety regulations, they may be held liable for any accidents that occur.
- Truck manufacturers: If a defect in the truck caused the accident, the manufacturer may be held liable.
- Cargo loading companies: If the accident was caused by improperly loaded or secured cargo, the company responsible for loading the cargo may be held liable.
- Government entities: If a hazardous road condition, such as a pothole or missing guardrail, contributed to the accident, a government entity responsible for maintaining the road may be held liable.
Determining liability in a truck accident case can be a complex process, and it's important to work with an experienced, truck accident claims attorney who can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and identify all parties who may be held liable. At Lehmbecker Law Firm, our truck accident lawyers have the experience and resources necessary to help you navigate the legal process and recover the compensation you deserve.
What Compensation Can Seattle Truck Accident Injury Attorneys Recover?
If you've been injured in a truck collision in Seattle, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses and sustained injuries. The specific types and amount of compensation you may be able to recover will depend on the details of your personal injury lawsuit or case. Seattle truck accident lawyers can help you pursue the following types of compensation:
- Medical expenses, including medical bills, surgeries, medication, and ongoing care;
- Lost wages and earning capacity;
- Property damage;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of enjoyment of life;
- Loss of consortium (loss of companionship or spousal support in cases of fatal crashes).
At Lehmbecker Law Firm, our experienced truck-related accident attorneys will fight tirelessly to recover compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and losses.
Why Choose Our Seattle Truck Accident Injury Law Firm for Your Case?
Lehmbecker Law Firm is an experienced Seattle truck accident law firm that specializes in representing victims who have been injured in a commercial truck accident. We understand the complexities of dealing with legal issues and insurance companies after a collision, which is why we are dedicated to providing our clients with compassionate representation and maximum compensation. Our services include:
- Experienced Representation Throughout;
- Comprehensive Claims Evaluation & Negotiation On Your Behalf;
- Pursue Maximum Compensation From All Responsible Parties;
- Knowledgeable Assessment Of Your Unique Case Details;
- Dedicated Advocacy For Your Rights Every Step Of The Way.
Schedule a Consultation With a Washington Truck Accident Law Firm
Don't wait, recover the compensation you deserve. Contact Lehmbecker Law Firm, the premier truck accident attorney in Seattle.
Two offices to serve our clients
Decades of experience helping car crash victims recover fair compensation
Tens of millions of dollars in motor vehicle accident compensation
Contact a Washington Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a semi-truck accident, contact Lehmbecker Law Firm. Our experienced commercial truck accident attorneys in Seattle will fight tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.